V-belt Pulley (V-belt Sheave)
V-belt pulley (also called V-belt Sheave) is a belt pulley structure consisting of rim, spokes and hub. V-belt pulleys are commonly used in gray cast iron, steel, aluminum alloy or engineering plastics, etc., among which gray cast iron is the most widely used material.
V Belt Pulleys for Sale
V belt sheaves and pulleys mount compatible V-belts in their V-grooves to transmit rotational power to the shaft. Variable-pitch V-pulleys adjust the groove width or pitch to accommodate speed changes. Stepped V-belt pulleys have multiple grooves of different diameters to allow for speed variations. V-belt idler pulleys maintain belt tension and keep the belt away from obstructions.
- AH226058 Roller Pulley For Agricultural Combine
- AH130964 Pulley for Agricultural Combine
- AH94450 Flat Flanged Idler Pulley for John Deere Combine & Forage Harvest
- AH221938 Pulley For John Deere Combine & Forage Harvest
- AH97031 Idler Pulley For John Deere Combine & Forage Harvest
- AH14097 Drive Pulley For Case-IH Wobble Box
- AH140497 Idler Pulley for John Deere Combine
- AH141762/AH111447 Pulley for John Deere Combine
- AH169549 Idler Pulley for John Deere Combine Engine
- AH150900 Pulley for John Deere Combine Feed House Parts
- AN15237 Idler Pulley for John Deere & Case-IH Cutting Platforms
- AH150900 Pulley for John Deere Combine Feed House Parts
- AH93318/AH87119 Pulley for John Deere Combine
- AP24917 Pulley for John Deere Combine
- AH164868/AH221847 Pulley for John Deere Combine Gearbox
- AN30569 Pulley for John Deere Combine Feed House Parts
- AH226058 Pulley for John Deere Combine Feed House Parts
- AH130964 Pulley for John Deere Combine Straw Chopper And Spreader Parts
- Z10676 Half Sheave for John Deere Combine
- Z10084 Half Pulley for John Deere Combine
- 428828A1/181127C1 V Idler Pulley for Case-IH Combine
- 564745R91 Wobble Box Drive Idler Pulley for Case-IH Combine
- 181196C2/108533A1 Pulley for Case-IH Combine With Straw Chopper
- AH85276 Drive Idler Pulley for Case-IH Combine
- 193948C1 Cleaning Fan Drive Pulley for Case-IH Separator
- Z10083/Z10079/Z10082 Half Sheave For John Deere Combine
- 174757C1/171737C11 Flat Idler Pulley for Case-IH Combine Feeder House
- 87522943/1541553C1 Fan Drive Pulley for Case-IH Combine Separator
Standard V Belt Pulley
American Standard Sheaves
European Standard Pulleys
Other V Belt Pulleys
Structure of V Belt Pulleys
V belt pulley is composed of rim, web (spoke) and hub.
- The rim is the working part of the pulley and is made with trapezoidal groove.
- The hub is the connecting part of the pulley and the shaft.
- The rim and hub are connected as a whole with the spoke.
Advantages of V-Belt Pulley
1. Convenient to transport and handle
2. High strength
3. Corrosion resistance
4. Easy to install
5. long lifespan
6. low cost
7. OEM/ODM welcome
Material of V Groove Belt Pulleys
The material of the V belt pulleys is mostly gray cast iron, generally HT150 or HT200, but also steel or non-metallic materials (plastic, wood) can be used. The maximum permissible circumferential speed of cast iron pulley is 25m/s, and when the speed is higher, it can be made of cast steel or steel plate stamping. Plastic pulleys are light in weight and have a high coefficient of friction and are commonly used in machine tools.
V-belt Pulley Specifications
The following factors are crucial when choosing a V belt pulley.
- The belt profile, or the style and size of the belt being integrated.
- The outer diameter, or the distance through the pulley when measured between the edges of the grooves.
- The center diameter is the distance or distances between the pulley shafts in the drive. V-belt drives are limited by a center distance that must not exceed three times the maximum pulley diameter to avoid significant slippage.
- Groove, a groove located in the pulley. It includes the angle, number and the width of the flange.
- Pitch circle diameter, or the diameter of the pulley where the belt engages, is critical to the strength-to-weight ratio of the drive.
- Contact arc, the degree to which the belt wraps around the pulley.
How to Use V Belt Sheave Gauge?
V belt sheave gauge is a tool that can be used to measure the amount of wear on the grooves of sheaves and pulleys. It can help you to detect when it is time to replace worn sheaves so that you can lower your energy costs and cut down on your downtime.
The grooves of a sheave or pulley are critical to the efficiency of power transmission drives. The grooves are responsible for guiding and gaining traction on the belt, preventing slippage and misalignment. Worn sheave grooves can decrease the efficiency of a drive by 8% and accelerate belt-wearing.
Sheave and pulley inspection is an essential part of the belt driving system and should be performed on a regular basis. The v belt sheave gauge is an easy-to-use, repeatable, and reliable method for checking sheave and pulley grooves.
The condition and alignment of your v-belt sheaves is a critical factor in belt life and performance. Misaligned sheaves pull down the efficiency of a drive by 8% and accelerate belt wear. Sheave grooves can also wear prematurely from belt tensioning, drive misalignment, and harsh environmental conditions. A worn sheave groove can cause a v-belt to slip and vibrate which may lead to damage or loss of belt.
To inspect a sheave, insert the correct size gauge into the sheave groove. The gauge should fit squarely and not have daylight around the edges. If the gauge does not fit, the sheave is worn and must be replaced.
Mounting of V Belt Sheaves
First, the bore of the v-belt sheaves must be geometrically matched to the mating shaft. The axis around which the pulley rotates is the shaft, and the most common way to accommodate that shaft is to use a simple bore that instead allows the pulley to rotate freely around the shaft without transmitting torque. This bore is used for idler applications, but is otherwise useless for power transmission. Other mounting methods include:
- Set Screw: Through hole allows the screw to be tightened vertically on the shaft.
- Keyway: Offset slots or shafts ensure a tight fit along the shaft to transfer torque between components.
- Press-in: Offset slots or shafts ensure a tight fit along the axle to transfer torque between components.
- Welded: The hub of the pulley is attached directly to the axle by welding.
- Tapered Bushing: A bolt-on tapered hub locks around the axle.
- Clamped hub: A split hub is tightened around the axle using a clamp.
V Belt Sheave Design
(1) The v belt pulley shall have sufficient strength and rigidity without excessive casting internal stress.
(2) The design of v-belt pulley shall be small in mass and uniform in distribution, with good structure and technology, and easy to manufacture.
(3) Dynamic balancing shall be carried out at high speed.
(4) The working surface of the wheel groove shall be smooth to reduce the wear of the belt.
As one of the professional v belts sheaves suppliers in China, we offer cheap v belt pulleys of high quality. Feel free to contact us with your drawings or requirements.
Edited by Zqq.